Merging MIDI allows you to combine two or more MIDI items into one like this:
While most other DAWs have this feature built-in, REAPER does not. Fortunately, it can be easily be done with a custom action!
- Go to Actions menu (shortcut: ?).
- Click on "New action...", then "New custom action".
- Search and drag the following actions from the left column to the right column, in this order:
- Item: Set item mix behavior to always mix
- Item: Implode items across tracks into items on one track
- Item: Glue items, ignoring time selection
- Item: Set item mix behavior to project default
- Check ‘Consolidate undo points’ and name it ‘Merge MIDI’. Click ‘OK’.
End result should look like this:
- This action should now appear in your Actions menu when you search for “Merge MIDI”.
- To use this, I suggest mapping a shortcut to it or place it in one of your toolbars. I have it set to alt + shift + G .
Now that you have the custom action setup, you can easily merge two or more MIDI items into one 💪