Here’s a fantastic JS plugin made by ZenoMOD that allows you to embed customizable VU meters to your tracks.
You can either show it in the track panel or the mixer panel and there’s over 10 skin variations!
And my favorite feature? You can make level changes DIRECTLY in the mixer.
Click + drag in the MCP/TCP to adjust the volume. And double click to reset the volume to default.
This is game changing for quickly gain staging! This way you can easily make sure you are hitting appropriate levels to your plugins afterwards or at any point in your chain since you can move it around.
How to install
- If you have Reapack installed, you should have this plugin in your FX list. If you don’t have Reapack, I made a post on how to install it here.
- Alternatively, if you only want this plugin, it’s also available as a direct download in the REAPER stash.
How to use
- Once installed, load VU Meter (ZenoMOD) to any of your tracks.
- In the mixer panel, right click the plugin and click on Show embedded UI in MCP (you can also show it in the TCP if you prefer that).
- To set this as a default for all your new tracks, open the FX Track window > Right click the plugin > FX Chains > Save all FX as default chain for new tracks…
VU Meter by Zeno is one of the greatest things to come out this year for REAPER tbh, it made gain staging way more straightforward while also looking so gooood! ✨
If you would like to read more and support the project, check out the forum thread!