REAPER updates are so frequent, which is amazing, but I’ve always found the update process not as convenient.
This tool, made by FeedTheCat, automates the update and installation process in a very elegant way! 😍
- Update REAPER to the latest version
- Install old versions of REAPER
- Get notifications for new releases (enable them under Menu > Startup notifications > Run script on startup)
- Open changelog in web browser (links to forum thread if available)
- Post-installation script hooks for advanced users (more info here)
- Compatible with Windows/MacOS/Linux & portable installs
How to install
Additionally, make sure you have the FeedTheCat repository imported. To do so, go to Extensions > ReaPack > Import a Repository and paste the following link:
How to use
To open the update utility tool, open the Actions menu (shortcut: ?) and search for:
Script: REAPER Update Utility.luaCopy
You have two options here. You can install the latest official version or the pre-release version (experimental).
There is also an information icon above each version. Clicking it will take you to the official forum post about the version, which includes the changelog and discussions.
I love that you can click the clock icon to install any past versions of REAPER. It's very useful for debugging!
If you encounter a bug, please let FTC know on the forum post.
This tool made updating REAPER a breeze. I especially love that I can go back and forth very quickly between the pre-release version and the main version 😀